If you’re weighing up your holiday options, there are some compelling reasons to choose a floating trip on the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal. Here’s why you should try out one of our narrowboat breaks:
- You can moor at different points on the canal – convenient for exploring several towns and villages during your stay. There’s no need for packing and unpacking for different hotels or guest houses. You have all your things with you on the canal boat. What can be better than mooring your boat in the beautiful Brecon Beacons - The Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal is your oyster to explore the Beacons!
- You’ll see wildlife close up. From swans, herons, and kingfishers to squirrels and rabbits, you’ll be in the right place to enjoy watching the local fauna. If you’re on a family holiday with children, this is a lovely way to spend time together. You’re so close to nature.
- You’ll be away from the hustle and bustle of busy streets. There’s no need to worry about being woken at night by traffic noise or struggling through traffic jams to get to where you want to go. A canal holiday is a relaxing option. As you drift along the water, you’ll feel the cares of your everyday life slipping away.
- You can eat in or eat out – it’s a truly flexible holiday. For people who like to cook for themselves, you have the option to conjure up your culinary masterpieces with fresh local produce. A visit to the farmer’s market in Abergavenny is a must for quality ingredients. For those who like to eat out, there are many pubs, restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops along the canal’s route.
- There’s no hotel timetable to follow. Breakfast isn’t served at certain times, nor is dinner, and you can get up and go to bed whenever you like. Your day is your own on a canal boat holiday. You set the pace.
- If you like to enjoy a night out, perhaps a night at the Theatre in Brecon or perhaps dinner in the many restaurants, bars, and pubs of country towns such as Brecon and Abergavenny. You’ll be able to sample locally-brewed real ales and enjoy amazing meals.
- You can combine your narrowboat holiday with walking or cycling. There are excellent walking routes in the Brecon Beacons and the Valleys, and good cycling to be had alongside the canal. If you enjoy keeping fit, this is a fantastic way of ensuring you get your daily activity while on holiday.
- There are so many events you can enjoy during your stay – and choosing a narrowboat gives you an excellent base to visit them. Check out our blog on what you can do here.
Our Roadhouse Narrowboats holiday slots are filling up quickly. So, it’s worth booking your next trip as soon as possible! Check out availability using our booking form.